I should never say that before a project.
The carpet came out without too much trouble, and then it took an hour or so to prep the concrete floor. The closet and the doorframe were the toughest parts, and once those were done, it was just a matter of measuring, locking pieces together, cutting, and repeating until the flooring stretched all the way to the far wall. I made a few cutting mistakes, and when all was complete, I had two planks left over out of the 88 I started with.
The flooring itself took about 12 hours of labor over one weekend. Then came the quarter-round molding, which was far more tedious than the floor, with the mitered corners and such. But the flooring is now done, and our next step is to pick out paint colors and furniture, which we're doing this weekend. Here are a few pictures from the ordeal:
I'm doing my part to get the nursery ready, and as you can see, Tam's doing her part to occupy it. We're past the halfway point now at 21 weeks, and there's undoubtedly a baby on board.