Monday, March 22, 2010

Pump, Feed, Change...Repeat!


Throw in some some "tummy time" a few times a day and that is my new schedule. I am a Mommy. Ava has not quite decided on a routine just yet so I am still napping when she does...or at least I try to. She seems to function just fine on a twenty minute cat-nap. The problem is by the time I get her down and settle in for my own nap, she's waking up! Once last week she slept for nearly six hours through the night (so did her Daddy!) but I still had to get up and pump at three a.m. Then I started to worry about how long she had been asleep and spent the rest of the time looking into her bassinet to make sure she was breathing!

I have also come to the conclusion that delivering a baby is a great weight-loss method. I have already lost 26 pounds!!! The down side- I gained 35 during my pregnancy...

Despite my sleep deprivation and life changes, I never cease to be awed by this little gift from Heaven. When I rock her at three a.m. and look upon her tiny face glowing softly in the lamplight and I think about her future, our future as a family, my heart is simply overjoyed. And when I sing to her (Yes, she appears to like my singing!) and her blue eyes look into mine I realize no matter the sacrifice, this baby is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have been blessed twice- first, with Michael and now with Ava.

Ava Updates:
Birth weight: 6 pounds 15 ounces Weight at one month: 8 pounds 4 ounces
Birth length: 19.75 inches Length at one month: 21 inches
She is still just below the 25th percentile for weight for age.
She is in the 25th percentile for weight for length for age.
And she is just above the 25th percentile for length for age.
Her head seems to be the fastest thing growing for it is now in the 50th percentile (up from the 25th at birth)!

A Few of the Things I love about Ava:
1. The way she smells.
2. The "Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?" look she gives- especially when I tell her where the thermometer goes ;)
3. When she smiles- even if they're gas-related.
4. When she holds my finger and won't let go...I hope that never changes!
5. The funny noises and faces she makes in her sleep.
6. That she is a total cuddle-bunny and loves to be held.
7. That she loves music and is easily soothed by Jewel lullabies and Bob Marley.
8. Her bow lips.
9. The way her hair spikes itself as it dries- and that she lets me put bows in it :)
10. Everything!

Check out the slideshow below of her first month:

2 comments on "Pump, Feed, Change...Repeat!"

Jake + Becca on March 31, 2010 at 3:52 PM said...

She is really cute! And obviously has a lot of mamma in her ;) We can't wait to see her again - hopefully before CDM 2010 :)

Mrs. Douglass on April 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM said...

Love the slide show! xoxo